This document regulates the General Booking Conditions (hereinafter, “General Conditions”) of any vehicle available on the website. www.motosvallsmenorca.com (hereinafter, “the Website”), ownership of the companies AUTOS PUNTA PRIMA SL with its registered office at Calle Curniola 32, 07714 Mahón Menorca (Spain), registered in the Mercantile Registry of Menorca, in volume 33, folio 213, page no. IM-1748 and CIF B07768369.
The user of the service (hereinafter, “User”) is solely responsible for reading these General Conditions as a prior step to making any reservation. The User is exposed to the present General Conditions through the Website, so that they can read, print, archive and accept them, the User being unable to complete the reservation of the vehicle without such consultation and acceptance. The User will always have these General Conditions in a visible and freely accessible place on the Website.
Acceptance of these General Conditions implies that the User:
- You have read, understood and accepted these General Conditions.
- Has the minimum age required (see section 11.1) with full capacity to contract.
If you do not accept any part of the General Conditions, you should not continue with the reservation process.
1. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
In no case shall Motos Valls be responsible for:
- Errors or delays in access by the User at the time of entering their data in the reservation form; Any anomaly that may arise when the inability to complete the reservation was due to problems in the Internet network, acts of God or force majeure and any other unforeseeable contingency beyond the good faith of Motos Valls. In any case, Motos Valls undertakes to solve the problems that may arise and to offer all the necessary support to the User to reach a quick and satisfactory solution to the incident.
- Errors or damages caused by an inefficient use of the services or in bad faith by the User.
2. APPLICABLE LEGISLATION AND ALTERATION OF THE GENERAL CONDITIONS.
2.1. These General Conditions are subject to the provisions of Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007, of November 16, which approves the revised text of the General Law for the Defense of Consumers and Users and other complementary laws; Law 7/1998, of April 13, on General Contract Conditions; Royal Decree 1906/1999, of December 17, 1999, which regulates Telephone or Electronic Contracting with general conditions; Organic Law 15/1999, of December 13, on the Protection of Personal Data; Law 7/1996, of January 15, on the Regulation of Retail Trade and Law 34/2002 of July 11, on Services of the Information Society and Electronic Commerce.
2.2 Motos Valls reserves the right to modify these General Conditions at any time, without the need to previously notify the User, who, in any case, is solely responsible for reviewing them as a prerequisite and essential to the rental of vehicles available through this web page or its simple access. In any case, the General Conditions that were displayed on the web at the time the User rented the vehicle will be considered valid and applicable.
3. ON-LINE VEHICLE RESERVATION SERVICE.
To complete the vehicle reservation service, the User will be required to:
- Select the reservation data (place, time and dates of collection and return of the vehicle).
- Select the category of the vehicle to reserve. In no case is a color, make or model of vehicle reserved, but rather a category.
- Press reserve.
- Introduction of personal data.
- Press continue.
- Entering credit or debit card information.
- Confirmation screen and payment of the reservation.
- Receipt in your email of a message (Booking voucher) with the identifying data of your reservation.
Successful completion of the reservation process does not constitute a Vehicle Rental Agreement, which to be formalized must be signed by the Driver upon arrival at the vehicle collection place.
There will only be a legally binding reservation when the User, once he has entered the real, necessary data on the Website and has made the reservation request by clicking on the “Book and Pay” button, receives the confirmation of the same by Motos Valls through the reservation voucher. The User understands that, by clicking on the “Book and Pay” button mentioned, he is authorizing Motos Valls to charge his card for the amount indicated on the website.
Once the User has received the booking voucher, You must Print it and show it at the time of vehicle collection. The reservation voucher constitutes the basis of the contract for the vehicle rental.
The User acknowledges that it is their responsibility to print and check the confirmation of their reservation and make sure that all the data and details of the same are correct.
Motos Valls reserves the right not to deliver the vehicle to the client or deny the signing of the rental contract to people:
- Under 18 (depending on the category of the vehicle) at the time of vehicle collection. Consult Group Table in section 11.1
- That they do not have a valid driving license in the European Community with the age required for the reserved group.
- That at the time of collection of the vehicle they are in a state that could pose a danger while driving for themselves or for third parties.
- That they cannot satisfy the payment conditions, bonds, guarantees or deposit required.
4.1. The valid rates will be those that are available at the time the User has made their reservation.
4.2. The rental price, as well as the deposit are determined by the General Current Rate and must be paid in advance by the User. In no case may the deposit be used for an extension of the rental.
4.3. The duration of the rental will be agreed in the contract and will be invoiced based on periods of twenty-four hours, counted from the time it was formalized. There is a courtesy period of fifty-nine (59) minutes, after which an additional charge of one day’s rental will be made.
4.4. In the event that the User wishes to keep the vehicle for a period longer than that agreed in the contract, he must obtain written authorization from Motos Valls, to whom he must pay the corresponding amount when signing the extension of the contract.
4.5. Motos Valls will not refund any amount in case the user returns the vehicle before the date agreed in the contract.
5. ADDITIONAL CHARGES.
The User agrees to return the vehicle to Motos Valls on the date, time and place provided in the rental contract. The rental service will only be considered finished once the vehicle and its keys have been delivered to Motos Valls.
There is an extra charge of 35.00 € for delivery and / or collection outside the POIMA Airport Office (7:00 to 22:00).
El usuario deberá devolver el vehículo con el mismo nivel de combustible que se le entregue (lleno/lleno, mitad/mitad etc.). En caso contrario, se le facturará el faltante, más un cargo adicional en concepto de servicio de repostado. El importe de dicho cargo adicional será el establecido en la Tarifa General Vigente. No se aplicará ningún otro cargo adicional por ser gasolina o Diesel. La devolución del vehículo por parte del usuario con mayor carga de combustible no acarreará compensación económica alguna.
El combustible consumido por el vehículo durante el período de alquiler del mismo corre por cuenta del Usuario. El Usuario deberá repostar el vehículo con el tipo de combustible adecuado para el mismo. En caso contrario, el Usuario será responsable de los gastos ocasionados por el traslado y/o la reparación de los daños que hubieran podido producir en el vehículo por uso de combustible inadecuado y no se entregara un vehículo de sustitución por repostaje de combustible erróneo.
All reservations made by the User are subject to VAT of 21% included.
5.3. ADITIONAL DRIVER.
The additional driver charge is € 4.50 (VAT included) per day and driver with a maximum of 2 drivers per contract or vehicle.
Prices established in the General Current Rate.
5.5. DELIVERIES AND PICK-UP IN PLACES DIFFERENT FROM THE INDICATED IN THE RESERVATION (One Way).
The Renter must give notice expressly and in writing, appearing in person at the Motos Valls Rent a Car office where the Contract was made at any time before the end of the rental period established in the Contract, If the return or the Check-In is not made at the office listed in the contract or the Vehicle is abandoned, Renter will be charged the excess cost of the Vehicle recovery fee plus all expenses and costs derived from the recovery plus the rental days due, according to the General Rate in force, established on the website in the periods understood from the moment established in the Contract as return (Check-In) until the effective recovery and preparation of the Vehicle.
5.6. HANDLING FEES.
In the case of management of fines by Motos Valls, a charge of € 30.00 per fine or penalty is established.
5.7. RETURN OF THE VEHICLE.
In the event that at the time of the return of the vehicle, the Moto Valls operator detects that some of the items listed below are missing, the User accepts the following charges:
- Keys : Breakage, wet, total or partial loss of it (price depending on the vehicle model) plus coding if necessary (VAT included).
- Vehicle documentation: depending on the model.
- Reflective vest: According to the General Current Rate.
- Any other item that is delivered with the vehicle, its cost will be billed according to the official supplier rate.
6. VERIFICATION OF THE VEHICLE’S CONDITION.
6.1. The state of the vehicle will be reviewed both at the time of delivery and return by the User. At the time of delivery of the vehicle to the User, the latter will review, together with a Motos Valls operator, the state of the vehicle that he will note in the rental contract, any damage or anomaly that may have been identified.
6.2. When the vehicle is returned, it will be reviewed again by a Moto Valls operator who will identify any damage to it that differs from those noted in the rental contract. Any identified damage that had not been included in the rental contract at the time of the review during the delivery of the vehicle, will be assumed by the User.
7. USE OF THE VEHICLE.
7.1. The User agrees to use and drive the vehicle in accordance with the Basic Driving and Traffic Rules and in accordance with the specifications for use of the type of vehicle.
7.2. The User agrees to Do not use the vehicle and / or not letting it be used in the following cases (by way of example):
- Circulation through places not suitable for public transport (beaches, car circuits, etc.)
- Driving on roads that could lead to damage to the underside / crankcase of the vehicle ( rural roads, unpaved roads, etc.)
- Negligent action before the lighting of sneaks or warning signs on the vehicle panel that the User declares to know with the signing of this contract.
- The transport of animals in the vehicle.
- The transport of people or goods that directly or indirectly implies a payment to the User (eg, use the Vehicle as a “Taxi”)
- The sublease of the total or partial vehicle.
- The transport of a number of people or amount of luggage greater than that authorized in the Vehicle Technical Inspection sheet, according to the number of seat belts.
- Driving the vehicle while intoxicated, fatigued, ill or under the influence of medications or drugs.
- Reckless driving.
- Driving contrary to the General Traffic Regulations.
- Driving the rented vehicle by persons not authorized in the contract.
- Driving the vehicle off the island where it was rented.
- Use of the vehicle after the rental period has ended.
7.3. Only the person or persons identified and accepted by Motos Valls in the rental contract and / or any annex to it are authorized to drive the vehicle.
7.4. The User agrees to keep the vehicle closed / locked when not in use.
7.5. The User is expressly prohibited from assigning, lending, mortgaging, pledging, selling or in any way giving as guarantee the vehicle, the rental contract, the keys, the documentation, the equipment, the tools and / or accessories of the vehicle and / or any part or piece of it, or treat the above in a way that damages Motos Valls.
7.6. It’s prohibited , unless expressly authorized by Motos Valls, transfer from the vehicle to the Peninsula or to other islands. Any violation of these conditions will authorize Motos Valls to oblige the User to immediately return the vehicle, without the need for justification or compensation.
8. VEHICLE STATE.
8.1. The User is expressly prohibited from changing any technical characteristics of the vehicle, keys, equipment, tools and / or accessories of the vehicle, as well as making any modification of its external appearance. In case of infringement of this article, the User must bear the expenses, duly justified, of reconditioning the vehicle to its original condition and pay an amount as compensation for immobilization of the vehicle.
8.2. The User relieves and exempts Motos Valls from all responsibility for losses or damages that occur in clothes and objects left, forgotten or transported in the vehicle by the User or by any other person, both during the term of the rental contract and after the return of the vehicle.
9. PRICE, DEPOSIT AND EXTENSION. PAYMENTS.
9.1. The User agrees to pay Motos Valls:
- The amount resulting from the application of the General Current Rate and the price agreed in the rental contract, corresponding to duration, insurance, optional exemptions, optional equipment and complementary services, according to the conditions applied, as well as the applicable taxes and fees.
- The amount of the damages and / or thefts suffered totally or partially in the vehicle and that are not covered by the exemptions contracted by the User, as well as when the exemption applicable to each case has not been contracted. The maximum responsibility of the User will be the value of the vehicle in the market.
- The amount corresponding to the management of fines for any infringement of current and applicable legislation, especially that relating to the Highway Code, which the User may incur, as well as the corresponding charges for the delay in payment by the User and the judicial or extrajudicial expenses that Motos Valls may have incurred as a result of the foregoing. All this with the exception of those that Motos Valls is responsible for as the owner and owner of the vehicle.
9.2. Payment of the amounts indicated in the previous section must be made by credit or debit card or in cash. In the event that it is made in cash, Motos Valls reserves the right to request one or more credit cards from the User as a guarantee. A deposit will be blocked on the credit / debit card until the date of return of the vehicle (See table section 11.1). Make sure the card is valid and has sufficient funds. In case of not presenting a valid credit / debit card or with insufficient funds, Motos Valls may refuse to deliver the vehicle to the user.
10.1. The rental rates include the compulsory vehicle insurance coverage and the supplementary Civil Liability insurance with unlimited guarantees for damages against third parties derived from the use and circulation of the vehicle.
10.2. These coverages are guaranteed and are assumed by the insurer with whom Motos Valls has the corresponding insurance policy.
10.3. By signing the corresponding rental contract, the User adheres as the insured to the aforementioned policy, a copy of which exists at the Motos Valls headquarters.
10.4. This policy it does not cover the damages, losses, theft or any other damage suffered in the luggage, merchandise or personal objects transported in the vehicle, the total or partial loss of the vehicle or the damages suffered by vandalism and / or traffic accident.
11.1. CDW Basic Insurance: All Groups have compulsory Civil Liability Insurance, Supplementary Civil Liability: 50,000,000.00 Euros, Defense, Bonds and Damage Claims, Driver Accident, and carry a damages franchise, whose value depends on the vehicle group chosen by the user:
|Groups||Models (or similar)||Excess||Minimum Age||Driving license age||Fianza requerida
|I||Liberty 50||300 €||19||(AM/A1/B) 1 year||300 €||150 €||150 €|
|I1||Vespa Primavera 125||700 €||21||(B) 3 years / (A1) 1 year||700 €||350 €||350 €|
|I2||Piaggio Liberty 125||300 €||21||(B) 3 years / (A1) 1 year||300 €||150 €||150 €|
|I3||Yamaha Delight 125||300 €||21||(B) 3 years / (A1) 1 year||300 €||150 €||150 €|
|I4||Honda Vision 125||300 €||21||(B) 3 years / (A1) 1 year||300 €||150 €||150 €|
|J||Piaggio Medley 125||500 €||21||(B) 3 years / (A1) 1 year||500 €||250 €||250 €|
|J1||Honda SH 125||700 €||21||(B) 3 years / (A1) 1 year||700 €||350 €||350 €|
|J2||Honda SH 350||900 €||23||(A1/A2/A) 1 year||900 €||Not Available||Not Available|
|J3||Honda Forza 350||900 €||23||(A1/A2/A) 1 year||900 €||Not Available||Not Available|
|J4||Honda CB500X||1.500 €||25||(A2/A) 1 year||1.500 €||Not Available||Not Available|
|K||T-MAX 500||1.500 €||25||(A2/A) 1 year||1.500 €||Not Available||Not Available|
|K1||Guzzi V850 E4||1.800 €||25||(A) 1 year||1.800 €||Not Available||Not Available|
|K2||Yamaha Majesty 400||1.500 €||25||(A) 1 year||1.500 €||Not Available||Not Available|
11.1.0. Minimum age for motorcycle rental.
To be able to rent a Scooter up to 125cc. you must be in possession of the A1 license. Holders of the B car license can drive motorcycles; you can do it with the B license.But you have to had held the driving licence for at least 3 years, and you can only rent scooters up to 125 cc of cylinder capacity.
11.1.1. Users who choose the “Base Rate” are obliged to leave a deposit by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) for the value of the Franchise.
11.1.2. The franchise established in point 11.1, is the maximum amount that the User assumes for damages and / or losses caused to the vehicle, except for accidents caused by reckless driving, under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or if the driver is not identified in contract.
- The CDW does not cover in any case the damage caused to the underbody, rims and tires of the vehicle, when they occur as a consequence of driving overloaded or driving through places such as beaches, inappropriate roads, forest roads, no asphalt etc .; those produced by blows against stones or any other object and potholes found on the road; those produced in rims and tires due to bumps against curbs due to parking maneuvers and those produced by reckless driving or any other resulting from the bad faith of the user.
- The CDW and TP coverages do not apply in the event of breach by the User of any of the conditions contained in the vehicle use clause of these General Conditions.
- The CDW and TP coverages do not apply in the event that the cost of repairing the damage or partial theft is less than or equal to the excess established in the General Rate in Force for each category, in which case said cost, Up to the limit of the franchise, it will always be the responsibility of the User.
- The CDW and TP coverages do not apply in the event that the User does not deliver to Motos Valls the corresponding document (complaint and / or Accident Report) duly completed within a maximum period of forty-eight (48) hours (except in cases of force majeure), from the date the incident occurred.
- When, in accordance with the provisions of these General Conditions, the CDW and TP exemptions do not apply, the User will be responsible for paying all repairs to the vehicle, as well as compensation for immobilization of the vehicle. same.
- The rental rates cover the loss and damage of the vehicle in case of spontaneous fire of the same, when it does not occur as a result of a traffic accident or total or partial theft of the same or acts of vandalism or driving without respecting the specifications of use the type of vehicle, in which case the provisions of the article that establishes the payments shall govern.
11.2. PAI ((Personal Accident Insurance). The PAI is a personal injury and health care insurance that covers medical expenses arising in the event of an accident and guarantees compensation for death or permanent disability. It does not include the theft of personal items.
11.3. TP (Theft Insurance)
- The TP is a service provided directly by Motos Valls that exempts the User, by hiring it, from financial responsibility only for total or partial theft of the vehicle from the value of the franchise.
- Partial theft means the theft of any of the original elements or components, documents, parts, tools and accessories of the vehicle, as well as any additional accessory that the User has requested from Motos Valls.
- Failure to contract the TP implies the financial responsibility of the User for damages and / or losses due to total or partial theft of the vehicle and compensation for immobilization of the same.
- The TP is only applicable if the User gives Motos Valls the keys of the Vehicle (the set that was given to him at the time of formalizing the rental contract) without any manipulation and the original of the incident report presented to the corresponding authorities .
11.4. CAR (Roadside Assistance for mechanical breakdown). This coverage guarantees the replacement of the damaged vehicle and roadside assistance by crane, not being valid if the mishap was a consequence of the User’s negligent behavior, accident and / or vehicle stoppage due to crimes or infractions carried out with it or due to non-compliance of the conditions stipulated and signed in the rental contract.
Roadside assistance coverage does not include punctures , in which case the user must be in charge of replacing the wheel and taking the vehicle to one of our offices so that the tire can be repaired free of charge or, failing that, another replacement vehicle is delivered. The cost of roadside assistance per puncture will be established in the General Rate in Force.
12. OPTIONAL COVERAGE.
12.1. FDW (Premium Insurance Coverage or SCDW): By contracting this additional insurance, or choosing the Premium Rate, the user eliminate the franchise and hire a comprehensive insurance in the event of an accident . In case of contracting this coverage, a Deposit as a guarantee of return of the vehicle on the date, place and time agreed in the contract and with the same level of fuel. This deposit will range between € 100 and € 500 depending on the category of the vehicle and may be deposited on a credit / debit card or cash. (See Table 11.1)
12.2. General Exclusions of Premium Coverage: Premium coverage will not cover in any case the following damages:
- Those caused on the underbody, rims and tires by hits against rocks, stones, trees, curbs …
- those generated by negligent, reckless driving or any other derivative of the user’s bad faith
- those produced by contravening the provisions of the Rental Agreement and / or the provisions of article 7.2 of these General Conditions
- Damage to the interior of the vehicle
- Fuel error
- Breakage or loss of keys
The coverage in no case will cover the personal effects left, stored or transported in the vehicle. DO NOT LEAVE ANY OBJECTS IN THE VEHICLE AND ALWAYS MAKE SURE IT IS PROPERLY LOCKED.
12.3. RC (Reduction of Excess): The vehicles of the groups that do not admit the contracting of an all-risk coverage without excess (FDW), have the option of reducing the excess up to 50% of its value with the contracting of this type of insurance (RC).
13. MAINTENANCE AND REPAIRS.
13.1. Mechanical wear due to normal use of the vehicle is assumed by Motos Valls.
13.2. The User must periodically check, and replace if necessary, the levels and fluids of the engine every 1,000 (one thousand) km traveled. The amount of fluid replacement will be paid by Motos Valls, upon presentation of the corresponding invoice.
13.3. The User is not authorized to order repairs to the vehicle without the express and / or written authorization of Motos Valls.
14. CANCELLATION / CANCELLATION OF RESERVATIONS.
14.1. If the reservation is canceled a minimum of 96 hours before delivery, the amount paid will be refunded, applying an administrative cancellation charge of € 25.00.
14.2. If the reservation is canceled less than 96 hours before delivery, the amount paid in the reservation will not be reimbursed, except for reasons of force majeure (natural catastrophe, wars, attacks, death or serious illness of the User, his parents, brothers or children) reliably accredited at the following address email@example.com.
14.3. The amount paid for the Rental for modifications will not be paid / refunded.
14.4. The amount paid for contracted or modified extras or accessories will not be paid / refunded.
14.5. Motos Valls is not responsible and will not reimburse any amount in case of delay and/or cancellation of the flight that prevents you from picking up the car.
The User has the right to receive a copy in Spanish of these General Conditions and this will be stated in the versions of the same written in other languages, informing them in our facilities of the languages available at that time. In case of discrepancies, the final version will be the one written in Spanish.
17. COMPETENT LEGISLATION AND APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
17.1. These General Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Kingdom of Spain.